The Meeting

This Gorean fiction and illustrations were created or edited with AI.


 8th Article for the Gazette

Port Olni, 5th Month, Year 10,174 Contasta Ar

Journal of Arealius, Ar the Sailor

Location: Merchant Hall, Olni

Today, I attended a meeting with fellow merchants and city officials. The atmosphere was lively as we gathered in the Merchant Hall. Willi Mycles, ever the helpful soul, offered his assistance to Kar with a large plate of food. TUSK Lorenzo, with his usual charm, greeted a lady wielding a wooden weapon, setting a light-hearted tone for the meeting.

Datian Nykus suggested we move upstairs, which we did, finding a comfortable place to sit. I shared my recent travels and my joy at being approved as a cartographer once more. The room was filled with laughter and camaraderie as we settled in.

Datian brought up the need for a formal Head Merchant and proposed starting the nomination process. I expressed my willingness to support the caste, though I felt my previous efforts had not been as successful as I had hoped. TUSK Lorenzo spoke of new trade opportunities and thanked me for the maps I had provided.

Kar updated us on potential trade talks with various ports, including Port Treasure and Great Dam Oasis. Datian shared his plans for changes in the kennels and provided a detailed report on the current standings of the girls in training.

Datian expressed the hope for more consistent bi-weekly meetings to bring things together more profoundly and the need to elect a Head of Caste soon. As the meeting drew to a close, I sought permission to use the actual names of those present for an article in the city journal, the Gazette, which was granted.

Captain Tusk raised a point about the discrepancy in the scrolls regarding Port Falworth and Great Dam Oasis, which Kar was already investigating. He also mentioned the upcoming celebration next month and his willingness to assist Lady Aille, who has been working hard on the preparations.

As the meeting concluded, I felt a renewed sense of purpose and camaraderie among my fellow merchants. The path ahead is filled with opportunities, and I am eager to contribute to the prosperity of our city.

Arealius Barbosa


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Port Olni, the Sailor's Homestone

A Conversation with Nicholas Eel

The Lady in the Tower